Liberty Smartcard Terms and Conditions
• A Liberty Card is the name given to the new Wessex Connect smart card. The Liberty Smart Card can replace your previous paper tickets and passes. Designed to make travelling with Wessex Connect easier the Liberty Card is re-useable so keep it safe. Think of it as the Wessex Connect equivalent to the London Oyster Travel Card.
• The Liberty Smart Card remains the property of Wessex Connect and should be returned on demand.
• Wessex Connect is a trading brand of:
Flights Hallmark Ltd (part of Rotala PLC)
Company Registration No: 04327651
• Liberty is a means of making travel on our buses more convenient and even better value. Thus giving you the 'Freedom to Travel'! You must follow the following steps to use the card:
i. Choose which (up to three) of the product types you would like to use now or in the future and we’ll load them onto your card.
ii. Top-up one or more of the products by paying the appropriate amount either to us when you apply for your card or later to the driver on the first time you use it.
iii. Use the card every time you travel to benefit from great value for money offers
• Register for your Liberty Smart Card online by clicking on the 'Register Online' link and filling out the form. Alternatively, you can call our Head Office on 08458 382382. Your information will be processed and your new Liberty Smart Card sent out to you.
• We will register your contact details against the card number dispatched to you and store this information on a computer. The details are kept so that in the event of your card being lost or stolen we can trace the correct card and put a stop on future transactions on that card. We are registered under the Data Protection legislation (Reg No: Z8765752). We may from time-to-time send you details of special offers that are available on our services but you will get the opportunity to advise us if you do not wish to receive such communication.
• For more information on ticket types (products) available or how to use the card please refer to the FAQ’s section of this website.
• For lost, stolen or damaged Smart Cards please notify out Customer Services Department on 08458 382 382 (lines are open Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17.30). Or email to email@example.com
You must provide the 8 digit security number printed on the rear of the Smart Card and your name and address details registered against the card. Wessex Connect reserve the right to request proof of identity (passport, driving licence or other photographic identification) and will only cancel a card once there is satisfaction that you are the registered owner of the card. A new Liberty Smart Card will be issued to you via post. Your liability for any fares charged if the missing or stolen card is used will cease from midnight on the day after you report your card being lost or stolen. Subject to the preceding statements, any remaining balance or travel days will be transferred to you new card. An administration fee of £5 will be charged to replace your card. This may result in no transfer being given where your outstanding credit is equal or less than £5.
Replacement of the Smart Card and any pre-purchased electronic tickets is at the discretion of Wessex Connect. The number of replacement cards issued to you may be limited. Wessex Connect shall not be liable to you in any way if your Liberty Smart Card fails to reach the registered holder by post.
• Abuse or misuse of the Liberty Smart Card and any loaded electronic tickets may result in the card being permanently withdrawn and could lead to prosecution.
• Wessex Connect shall not be liable to you for any consequential losses or damage arising from a failing of your Liberty Smart Card or the Smart Card system.
• Where you have purchased any ticket using your Liberty Smart Card, Wessex Connect shall have no liability to you if you cannot use your ticket due to our services not being run for any reason.
• You must notify Wessex Connect in writing or by email of any change of name, address, email or contact telephone number which you initially supplied during the application process. Failure to notify Wessex Connect may result in your card not being returned to you if it is lost or stolen.
• We reserve the right to disclose anonymous information (by which you cannot be identified) to third parties at any time for any proper purpose.